Effective June 8, 2020, and until further notice, all individuals on the Hollins campus are required to wear a face mask that covers both the nose and mouth at all times with the following exceptions:
- Students do not need to wear face masks when they are in their rooms/apartments with their assigned roommate or when eating in the Moody Center or elsewhere;
- Employees do not need to wear face masks when alone in their offices.
2020欧洲杯网址APPin classrooms, students and the faculty teaching the class will be required to wear a face mask.
2020欧洲杯网址APPthis policy applies to faculty, staff, students, contractors, vendors, and visitors on university property.
employees working alone in their individual enclosed offices do not need to wear a face mask within that space. employees working in offices with open floor plans or without the ability to limit access to your workspace will need to wear a cloth face mask when other individuals are present.
unless instructed otherwise, residents in campus housing are not required to wear a face mask while in their own room or apartment. however, face masks should be worn in all common areas of university residence halls such as hallways and stairwells.
in accordance with cdc recommendations, cloth face masks are not surgical masks or n-95 respirators.
2020欧洲杯网址APPa cloth face mask should:
- fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- completely cover the nose and mouth
- be secured with ties or ear loops
- include multiple layers of fabric
- allow for breathing without restriction
- be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape
2020欧洲杯网址APPface masks, physical distancing, hand-washing, and good personal hygiene are all critical to helping prevent the spread of the coronavirus. this face mask policy is meant to supplement hand-washing and the physical distancing protocol, which requires maintaining a minimum six-foot distance from others whenever possible. face masks are not a substitute for physical distancing or hand-washing.
the requirement to wear a face mask does not apply to the following:
- eating or drinking
- communicating with the hearing impaired for which the mouth needs to be visible for lip reading, and when possible, a face shield should utilized
- temporarily removing the face mask to secure medical services
- persons with health conditions that prohibit wearing a face mask should avoid being on campus if at all possible and only if remote alternatives are not available